Sunday, December 21, 2008

Paul Weller & Adele - Need Your Love So Bad

“It was Adele’s idea, which was a very good choice as well. It’s an old blues tune, which most people probably know from Fleetwood Mac but I think it goes beyond that.” Paul Weller

 

Weller on why this song was chosen “It was Adele’s idea, which was a very good choice as well. It’s an old blues tune, which most people probably know from Fleetwood Mac but I think it goes beyond that.”

However, it could have been quite different, as Adele said: “Initially I chose I’m Gonna Make You Love Me by Diana Ross and The Supremes with the Temptations.  I hadn’t really heard it for a good couple of years and I got home from Amsterdam and thought, ‘Oh God, that Temptations part is too high, I don’t think Paul will be able to sing it. And then Diana Ross comes in. You know how there’s certain artists that can get away with talking on the song, saying like, ‘Hey Baby’. I’m not one of them.”

 

BBC Radio 6

4 December 2008, Maida Vale Studios, London

No comments:

Post a Comment